Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
iamthenewguy
Contributing MemberPosts: 786Gear list
Like?
Re: Pre-ordered - Saves $1200+
In reply to Aspenz, 6 months ago

Aspenz wrote:

jjoyce wrote:

Ordered this am, ecstatic they actually released this lens. I have been waiting (& saving) for this lens, I guess I missed the Nano coating in the rumors!

I am looking at this lens as a replacement for the 80-400 FX - so I am saving more that $1200 and about 1/3ish the size. It will be interesting to see how this lens does against the 17,000 800 5.6. I never have seen a MTF chart like the 70-300 at 20/60, cannot wait to test this one out.

I camp/backpack a lot so the size is a big factor for me.

-- hide signature --

Jason

Yeah 810mm in such a small package! Probably with very fast autofocus too since it's native! I've to say the mtf charts look very good and the sample photos too. Preordered as well.

I'm so jealous of you guys! I can't pre-order but hopefully I can pick this up in 2015. I checked out the sample images on the Nikon Japan website  and they look spectacular. I can't wait to see some photos from you guys.

iamthenewguy's gear list:iamthenewguy's gear list
Nikon 1 V2 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 30-110mm f/3.8-5.6 Nikon 1 Nikkor 10mm f/2.8 Nikon 1 Nikkor 18.5mm f/1.8 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 6.7-13mm f/3.5-5.6 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow