Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Superzoom2
Regular MemberPosts: 127
Like?
Random LF1 pics from a trip to NYC
5 months ago

I just got back from a trip down to NYC for a film festival.  Never spent any time in Manhattan.  The festival was in Queens, and I also spent time in Brooklyn.

The LF1 is a bit of a quirky camera in comparison to my trusty old Canon S90, but it's a pretty capable and flexible camera.  It was in my jeans pocket all the time.  Loved the size and manual control.  Still getting used to the handling.  Hate the on/off button placement.

I also had a problem with the SD card randomly corrupting and stopping me from taking further pics.  It happened three times, and each time I had to use a card recovery program to recover the pictures.  I am still not sure if it was the camera or the card's fault, but it didn't happen when borrowing a friend's SD card.

All of the below pictures are curves and vibrancy corrected.  If the contrast seems off, it might be because I used a non-calibrated netbook for the corrections.

Citi Field and Arthur Ashe Stadium.

Manhattan.

Roosevelt Island.

Brooklyn.

Bought this shirt in Bed-Stuy.

Walking my sis-in-law's dog.

Brooklyn brownstones.

Kick off gala for the Queens World Film Festival took place at the Museum of the Moving Image.

Grabbing a juice.

Dinner at Talde in Brooklyn.

Showing the limits of O.I.S. and a slow lens.

Waiting on the local 7 train in Queens.

Breaking into a movie prop rental house late at night.

Queens Film Fest director outside one of the venues.

One of my actors.

Super low-light exposure at an after-party.

My lead actor working the "step & repeat" (term for the sponsor covered backdrop thingies).

Looking into the yard of Aviation High School in Queens at night.

Outside One Hanson Place, formerly a bank, in Brooklyn.

Fulton Street, Brooklyn.

59th Street Bridge.

Manhattan.

Sorry about the quantity of pics.  I just wanted to show some of the considerable versatility of the LF1.  Nice little camera and my current go-to travel camera.  One of the people I hung out with kept commenting on how my camera took such good pictures!

Canon PowerShot S90 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow