One of these must go: D600 or D800. Which one?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
jadot
Regular MemberPosts: 142Gear list
Like?
Re: You have to decide based on
In reply to T O Shooter, 6 months ago

T O Shooter wrote:

jadot wrote:

frank-in-toronto wrote:

i can't imagine why u would not keep the best one (obviously the d800).

Why is the D800 (obviously) better?

-- hide signature --

examples of my photography at www.alexanderleaman.co.uk

the parimeters that only you know. Personally, I'd keep the D800. You should know what attributes of each you like, and which are most important. This is a thread that shouldn't even be here. You own both bodies. Should be an easy choice. Why do you think anyone on here can help you decide?? I could see if you were looking to buy and hadn't owned either and needed some advice.+

-- hide signature --

Photography - It's a passion No other reason required.

Ok, first of all, people need to drop the forum police defensive approach.

"This thread shouldn't even be here"? WTF?

I have a fairly good idea of which camera I want to keep, and FWIW I like both cameras equally. They do different things well.

The original question is a philosophical one, and one that could point to an interesting debate with considered responses. For e.g. Just asking the question suggests that for practical purposes it could be argued that these two bodies are more or less equal. Or, if the D600 would be kept over the D800 does that suggest that the extra features/customisations of the D800 are "worth" the extra cost?

If you don't like what you read in forums, why a) read them and b)respond??!!

in reply to frank-in-toronto; If the D800 is obviously better, then why did Nikon introduce new features to the D600 e.g User modes. Is 36MP better than 24? My Hard drives don't think so! Is it better because it costs more? If the D600 costs less, is more or less equal to the D800 in terms of IQ (some would say 'better' at high ISO) then isn't that 'obviously' better?

-- hide signature --

examples of my photography at www.alexanderleaman.co.uk

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow