What really makes big sensors produce more appealing images? *Serious*

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Kodachrome200
Contributing MemberPosts: 756Gear list
Like?
There is no bigger advocate of FF dSLRs than me. but...
In reply to Pasmia, 4 months ago

I am a big advocate of full frame cameras and dslr style cameras. but honestly what your seeing is 100 percent about how the image was shot and processed.

I think these cameras are the best tools out there. there the best to use and they have the best sensors and they give you the most options.

but i would never claim that the photographer that produced these images couldnt get similar results with an m43 camera.

it would just be less suited to the task. it would for instance be more difficult to achieve the DOF. it would also be more difficult to get this quality of a result in lower light (not that this was). the camera viewfinder and controls are more suited for this kind of work. the autofocus can be more easily manually directed. ect ect ect. this is why photographers with this skill level choose such cameras. but do not attribute the caliber of there work to the camera

Kodachrome200's gear list:Kodachrome200's gear list
Ricoh GR Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Sigma 12-24mm F4.5-5.6 EX DG Aspherical HSM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow