Barry Pearson
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,593Gear list
Like?
Re: HD DA TC x1,4: no Sigma HSM; not making FF compatible
In reply to beholder3, 6 months ago

beholder3 wrote:

Just to confirm two items:

• <snip>
  • While in theory a TC would convert the FoV to make APSC lenses FF-compatible in practise they dont, due to the fact that the lens system in the TC has such a small diameter and you get hard black vignetting all around. Tested with some lenses on 5D3.

That doesn't appear to be true for the Pentax 1.4 Teleconverter.

The first thing I did when my Pentax 1.4x Teleconverter arrived a few minutes ago was to attach it to a Pentax Z-1p film camera. Then I attached various lenses (below) that might be expected to hard-vignette. None of them showed signs of vignetting, looking through the viewfinder at a well-lit surface.

The lenses I tested that apparently didn't hard-vignette at any focal length , showing image right to the corners, were:

DA 10-17mm Fisheye. (Not on the Pentax list of supported lenses!). This hard-vignettes on the Z-1p at 10mm and 12mm without a Teleconverter.

DA 12-24mm. This hard-vignettes badly on the Z-1p at wide angles without a Teleconverter.

DA 17-70mm. This hard-vignettes at all focal lengths on the Z-1p without a Teleconverter.

DA* 60-250mm.

I haven't yet tested any other lenses on the Z-1p with this Teleconverter. I may shoot my last roll of film with a range of lenses using this Teleconverter on the Z-1p to complete my previous tests of lenses on the Z-1p.

Barry Pearson's gear list:Barry Pearson's gear list
Pentax K-7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Pentax K-5 Pentax Q Pentax K-5 IIs +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow