FE 24-70 QC

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
stevo23
Senior MemberPosts: 3,988Gear list
Like?
Re: FE 24-70 QC
In reply to Dennishh, 7 months ago

Dennishh wrote:

I also had the identical problem with the 24-70. My copy looked pretty good until I started seeing a dcentering effect in the lower left at 70mm. Other people on the forums have had to get three copies before finally getting a good one. Personally I don't have the patience to deal with testing lenses any more I'm just taking it back. The 55mm that I purchased when it first came out also had a dcentering problem coupled with the worst manual focusing I ever had to use. The whole quality control issue is not only bad for Sony but also for Zeiss who has their name on these lenses. They need to correct this problem soon! I almost want to buy my lenses from a dealer or other source that has testing capabilities for the lenses they sell, the lens manufacturer should be doing this not us.

Maybe I'm missing something - how are you noticing this in the lower left? One usually uses a chart and focuses on the center, yes?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow