The 'discriminatory-nature' of capture-date stipulations!

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
santamonica812
Contributing MemberPosts: 799
Like?
Re: The 'discriminatory-nature' of capture-date stipulations!
In reply to xml6000, 5 months ago

When this whole thread first started, I viewed it with some sense of amusement. A good troll can be useful for laughs, if for nothing else. I then started to get annoyed, as more and more evidence of cheating was given. But my feelings have changed, and I am giving you a sincere apology.

In my earlier life, before I taught and then entered the legal field, I was a therapist. Mental illness is simply not funny. We on the outside sometimes laugh at examples of it, but if we stopped and gave it a moment's thought, we'd quickly loose our smiles. Although it's hard to put myself into your shoes, I can try and imagine how difficult it is go through each day, knowing that you're right and everyone else is wrong, and that everyone is out to get you.

Stewart,

You have asked us to accept your story that EXIF data were stripped off an image, and new data were somehow written in, and this data coincidentally allowed you to enter a challenge here. And then it happened again, and again. I had thought that, at first, you acknowledged changing that data yourself (and called it something like 'shining a spotlight on discriminatory rules."). But, frankly, I'm too exhausted and sad to review this whole thread to double-check that. And even if I am remembering correctly, what point would that accomplish?

I now accept your story. Or, I accept that you believe in your heart your own story. So, there is no need to respond and to convince me . . . I think you've made your case eloquently and you've done a very effective job of giving me enough information to be quite confident in my assessment of this entire situation.

A few final points, and I say each one with absolutely zero sarcasm and zero snark.

a. I noticed in your profile that you've done a lot of voting in the 2 weeks you've been a member. Thanks for that participation . . . many members do not vote, and the challenge community is made stronger by people who vote, who vote with integrity, and who vote in several/many challenges.

b. It might be better if you don't participate for a while in my own challenges that I host. I do have plenty of rules (although not the particular rule that's been debated in this thread), and I do enforce them quite evenly and consistently. I do not want my challenges to be the source of any distress or discomfort for you. But if you want to PM me, I'd be happy to suggest several other hosts, whose approach to challenge rules, or to enforcement of rules, would dovetail nicely with your own philosophy on that matter.

c. Please know that there are members here who are concerned about you and who want nothing but the best for you, even though we don't know you and have never met you. There are therapeutic approaches and medications that were not available when we all were younger, and if you ever are willing to take that first step, you will see that the world can be a welcoming and non-threatening place. Again, if you want to PM me, I can give meaningful suggestions on where to go for that sort of assistance, and can give useful advice on the sorts of questions you might want to ask when you go.

d.  A lot of the photographs you submitted into challenges are very nice, and show a good eye for photography. To the extent that they represent your abilities, you should feel very proud of yourself. Good job. Good job indeed.

In closing; I hope you take this post in the spirit in which it was intended. I care, and I'm very concerned for you.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
yupNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow