Sony A6000 Feature Demo by Sony Rep

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
parallaxproblem
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,713
Like?
Re: Sony A6000 Feature Demo by Sony Rep
In reply to sriks, 6 months ago

sriks wrote:

Just found this feature demo of the Sony A6000 on my daily check for updated videos of the Sony A6000 Video starts around the 5-6 min mark.. looks like an internal sony presentation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9f9C2u_dMP0

Thank you for sharing this

It seems like the AF area size can be changed, like on the A7/r, which is good

The 'bounce flash' feature sounds rather 'unofficial'

Surprised she didn't mention the buffer, which seems like another big improvement over previous bodies to me

Glad that they are going to do a bit more work at communications after the bodies are released (final comments) as this is clearly an area which is lacking at the moment.  I'm not sure that it is an 'internal' communication as she kept talking about 'your customers' and at one point said something like 'I know you might think Sony would say this but check with...' when talking about AF - maybe it is intended for resellers and camera stores?

Final details on some of the precise features still seem surprisingly sketchy - lots of comparisons made with NEX-6 but no comments about the change of interface or specifics like display modes (histogram, level display etc) or differences in user experience from the older model. The lady seems to have handled the camera (ie. talking about the bounce flash and how it raised higher than the NEX-6 flash) and was rather 'chatty' in her presentation style but still seemed strangely 'remote' from the camera - are they still limited to pre-production firmwares even now?

-- hide signature --

DUMP the HUMP! A5000 & A6000 success.... campaign for *REAL* NEX-5 and NEX-7 replacement bodies
* newly updated ignore list: hostile responses are probably not visible to me

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow