ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Rain13
Regular MemberPosts: 163Gear list
Like?
How to buy macro lens for D5200?
4 months ago

Hello.

I was trying to see what lens they offer (not yet going to buy, but rather collecting information). And I was supprised when I saw Tamron AF 70-300/4-5.6 Di LD Macro Nikon. I mean how can this be macro? I have Tamron AF 70-300 and I use it and tele lens. So firs question would be how to identify those false macro lens from realones?

An other thing is what zoom range should it have? I have seen many macros with fixed zoom, and I cant remember seeing any non-fixed zoom macros. And then I have also seen those micro lens, whats the differene? An other question is that what focal length would you recommend? When I was at shop they suggested me 90mm so that I wouldn't have to go too close to target. But I am worried that 90mm would compress the image too much. I mean if you look at what 90mm does with telephoto lens, I am not sure if it's any different with macro lens. I want my images to look as natural as possible, so I wouldn't be happy if all my macros have this tele lens compression effect.

I would like to picture something as small as ladybird and something as large as flowers, leafs.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D5200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow