NX20 and NX30 - ISO capabilities (nearly) unchanged!?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Usee
Senior MemberPosts: 1,605Gear list
Like?
Re: NX20 and NX30 - ISO capabilities (nearly) unchanged!?
In reply to Matt Everglade, 7 months ago

Viscacha wrote:

Hi,

I just made a quick test using my NX20 and my NX30. I tested the ISO capabilities of both cameras using the same settings. The result is that there is no enhancement since I can't see a any noticeable difference between the two cameras.

You can check it yourself here: http://matteverglade.com/cameras/rolling-review-samsung-nx30/
Just look at the pictures in the chapter "High ISO" and tell me what you think.
(For some reason the images of the NX30 are slightly brighter, seems the camera captures a bit more light...)

I agree, that the examples are not the best, but would another subject really give a change in the ISO capabilities? I think: No. For me this is a (bad) surprise. Please let me know your opinions and experiences. Thank you.

Kind regards,
Matt

Well, better no test, than a quick test, which is prone to errors.

However, I'm happy that you are willing to make the effort to compare, which is good.

Since different cameras deliver different contrast curves and therefore a different brightness through the whole scene, one has to normalize the brightness (the contrast curves) to the same level, when comparing.

Thus it is helpful to use something like a color checker with different gray patches from very dark to really bright and to match the brightness of the patches in post processing, before comparing.

Otherwise a difference of one EV can be hidden.

I think it is more useful at the moment to just use the camera and wait for DxO, instead of drawing conclusions from uncertain data.

-- hide signature --

Envy is the highest form of recognition.
-
Stop to run, start to think.
-
Think twice - that doubles the fun!
-
Your world is as big, as Your mind.
-
Avoid to have only one point of view!
-
U see?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow