Does the V1 torture the enel-15

Started Jan 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
bastianh
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Re: Does the V1 torture the enel-15
In reply to Harsay, 6 months ago

Hey guys,

I own a Nikon 1 V1 since March 2013 (bought it Germany) and I am having the same battery problems described in this thread. After about 1 months of regular use the battery age jumped from 0 to 3! I always used the battery according to the manual and never left it in the camera w/o using it for more than 3-4 weeks. At that point the battery seemed to have only about one third of its original capacity.....

So I bought another EN-EL 15 in the US in September 2013. Same problem. After about 4-5 months of regular use the battery age jumped from 0 to 2. Again, about half of the original capacity was gone from one day to another.

So I ended up contacting the Nikon Support here in Germany. They told me that batteries bought in Germany only have limited warranty upto 6 months that does no included a replacement due to normal use. US batteries do not have warranty at all. Still, they told me to send them both batteries so they could take a better look at the problem.

Long story short, they sent me two brand new EN-EL 15 batteries. So if you plan on sending your batteries to Nikon just make sure you explain that it's not a problem caused by normal use but more by a software error.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow