Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
compupro
Forum MemberPosts: 84Gear list
Like?
Nex7 heritage
6 months ago

When Nex7 was introduced it was a remarkable step upwards from the early Nex5. It was a camera with several VOW-components. The highlights included:

• pixel count increased from 16 to 24,
  • new tri-navi controls were constructed and
  • a revolutionary OLED viewfinder was included.

Nex7 was also nominated as the camera of the year.

Now we receive plenty of messages claiming that the a6000 is an upgrade for the Nex7. In my opinion it is not. A6000 is a good camera but lacks most of the VOW-elements that the Nex7 heritage demands.

When looking at the competition and the market in general there are clearly some key features that so far have not been implemented in the Sony lineup. One of those is the 4K video which is already included even in some advanced smartphones.

To summarize, I expect the following features to be included in the real a7000 upgrade

• 4K-video
  • increased pixel count and technical improvements seen in a6000 (pdaf, wifi, ISO, ect)
  • tri-navi
  • upgraded, not downgraded OLED VF

A camera including these items would in my opinion earn a honest VOW and carry forward the Nex7 heritage. My crystall ball tells that the a7000 will be introduced before summer.

Cheers    Lauri

compupro's gear list:compupro's gear list
Carl Zeiss Biogon T* 2/35 ZM Samyang 85mm F1.4 Aspherical IF Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA Carl Zeiss Touit 2.8/12
Sony a6000 Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow