Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jfriend00
Forum ProPosts: 11,116
Like?
I guess the Nikon 1 V3 proves why we have no D400
6 months ago

The Nikon 1 V3 makes it clear why we don't have a D400 with great original, ground breaking engineering in it.  Nikon has decided to do their original engineering only in the FX line or the CX line.   The DX line seems to only gets incremental upgrades.  In 6 years, pretty much the only thing that's been introduced in the DX line is the 24MP sensor.  Everything else is just pushing features that the D300 once had down to lower priced models with nothing new coming in at the top end of the product line to keep things moving forward and upwards.

While the entire Nikon dSLR line has nothing faster than 6fps other than the D4s, along comes the Nikon 1 V3 with 20fps with AF.

Seriously Nikon, can't you spare any engineering to make a decent speed dSLR that we can afford (DX or FX)?  Do you really want us to shoot with a CX sensor just to get speed in a Nikon body that costs less than $6500?

I have no problems with seeing Nikon push the CX line, but it appears to be at the expense of any serious and original engineering in the DX line and that seems horrible to the largest portion of Nikon's customer base.

So, big question for you Nikon.  Do you really want all DX users who want speed to just move to Nikon 1?  Is that really the grand plan?

This is so bizarre.  I think it's time to go find a manufacturer that actually intends to support the action photographer with ongoing dSLRs (FX and DX) that cost less than $6500 because that certainly isn't Nikon any more.

-- hide signature --
Nikon 1 V3 Nikon D300 Nikon D40 Nikon D4s
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow