* Wed C&C No Theme Thread #307 14 03 12 *

Started 9 months ago | Photos thread
citizenlouie
Contributing MemberPosts: 739Gear list
Like?
Re: From Las Vegas
In reply to 19andrew47, 9 months ago

19andrew47 wrote:

Nicely framed buildings. A nice image with a variation of architectural shapes. I would correct the vertical distortion which is still visible for the buildings near the edges of the frame. Some don't mind it but I usually prefer to correct it if it doesn't adversely affect the resulting image. Not much you can do about the skies you get other than substitution and that is not in my current skill set or I would have done it with the car image.

Andrew

Yes, you're right.  I think unfortunately this was taken with m.Zuiko 12-40mm PRO, so the in-camera correction was quite a bit already and I applied yet another set of distortion control.  If this was more of a tripod shot, I would probably use the 14-35mm and the telecentric lens would make this shot a little more easy to deal with.  this frame is pretty much about how much I could squeeze everything in.  Things are larger than life in Las Vegas. 

Thanks for the detailed analysis. 

citizenlouie's gear list:citizenlouie's gear list
Olympus E-620 Olympus E-5 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Wow!New
LouNew
LouNew
LizNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow