Leaked images of the Nikon V3

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
samfan
Contributing MemberPosts: 947Gear list
Like?
Re: Video focus - target is Blackmagic?
In reply to nigelht, 8 months ago

Scheinrb wrote:

If the screen has to be used away from the body, as shown, that would be cumbersome and extremely inconvenient.

The photo is deceiving if you're not familiar with how these screens work. Look at other cameras which have flippable screens, you'll see.

nigelht wrote:

The more I look at this the more I think that the target is more Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera than other mirror less cameras like the Sony.

I also have the feeling they were trying to appeal to videographers more than photographers, sidestepping their 'not having a dedicated video camera' issue.

However, in my humble opinion (not knowing pretty much anything about video), they missed that target. 120 fps is nice, but everyone wants 4K these days to be future-proof. 720p is really old now.

In fact, N1 was exciting to videographers for some time for essentially offering short bursts of 4K RAW video at 60 fps and it doesn't seem this camera is going to top that it seems.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow