I do not understand the HATRED for mirrorless cameras on this forum.

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
JohnJ851
Regular MemberPosts: 369Gear list
Like?
Re: Mirrorless extremists..
In reply to MichaelKJ, 5 months ago

MichaelKJ wrote:

PK24X36NOW wrote:

hdr wrote:

Imagine a situation if electronic sensors had existed in the beginning - there would not have been any need for any mirror/prism mechanism to see what one is photographing in real time, bearing in mind that one day, new sensor technology, along with new focusing techniques, may make digital cameras no different from or even far superior to reflex cameras of old.

That's not trus on a number of counts. First of all, EVF/MILCs do not show you a "real time" view of what one is photographing, they show you what happened a moment ago. Only an OVF shows you "real time."

An OVF may show you real time, but we see what happened a moment ago because our visual system doesn't process things instantaneously. There is also the lag between the time we see an image an when we depress the shutter.

As Dallas Dahms noted, When you look at the EVF you’re seeing how the camera is interpreting the scene and not how your brain is interpreting it based on the original light from the scene hitting your retina via an optical formula. http://www.fotozones.com/index.php/topic/2151-evf-vs-ovf-classic-no-brainer/

Second, neither the processing power nor the battery technology existed when reflex cameras came into existence to run processing and power hungry EVFs.

That's why hdr what posing a hypothetical, albeit unrealistic, scenario in which cameras weren't invented before the invention of high speed EVFs.

EVF latency still causes a noticeable delay compared to OVFs, which is why many people still prefer OVFs. Both have advantages and disadvantages.

I can't see one single disadvantage in my 5D III OVF!!!

JohnJ

-- hide signature --

English is my second/third language

JohnJ851's gear list:JohnJ851's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 14mm f/2.8L II USM Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow