FZ200 Vs whatever

Started Mar 13, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,680Gear list
FZ200 Vs whatever
Mar 13, 2014

Since the Antarctica trip, I've found myself looking at the Canon SX50HS for its extra reach.  It would supplement rather than replace the FZ200.  On that trip I had the FZ200, and the Canon S95 and G15.  The S95 was in my pants pocket all the time on shipboard; the FZ200 took all the nature and Antarctic landscape shots; and the G15 was hardly used.

In the process of considering that, I've gone back and looked at a bunch of reviews on the FZ200 and SX50HS, as well as a comparison in CameraLabs of the Sony RX10, Olympus Stylus 1, and the FZ200.  I found that very interesting, as the FZ200 outpointed the Stylus 1 at ISO 200 and 400.  The RX10 was better; but too pricey and too big and heavy.

The SX50HS holds up very well against the FZ200; but at the expense of a much slower lens.  So the SX50HS would be a wildlife shooter in good light.

I also have the Canon S95, G15, A720IS, & SX230HS, so there's also the question of how all this stuff fits together on travel.  For travel, I can't take it all, and have to decide, based on what I expect to need, which two or three cameras will best fit my needs on that trip.

-- hide signature --

GeraldW's gear list:GeraldW's gear list
Canon PowerShot A720 IS Canon PowerShot S95 Canon PowerShot ELPH 330 HS Canon PowerShot G15 Canon PowerShot SX50 HS +1 more
Canon PowerShot G15 Canon PowerShot S95 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Sony Alpha 7 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow