Are there any Leica M lenses that don't mount on NEX-7

Started Apr 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
GXRuser
Contributing MemberPosts: 656
Like?
Re: Are there any Leica M lenses that don't mount on NEX-7
In reply to GeorgeD200, 6 months ago

I'm thinking about buying an NEX-7 as a digital body to use my Leica M and screwmount lenses on. I can't afford an M9 or M8.2. M8 cost more used than the NEX-7, and give inferior IQ, so they're out, too. I want APS-c and EVF. For the cost of NEX-5n and the EVF, I might as well buy the NEX-7. I also like the controls and lines better. Call me silly, but the lens mount circle that exceeds the body rectangle of the NEX-5, etc. I find terribly ugly.

My lenses:
Voigtlander 21mm f4 Color-Skopar (Cosina-made)
Leitz Summicron 35mm f2 M-mount
Leitz Summicron 5cm f2 M-mount collapsible
Tokyo Kogaku Simlar 5cm f1.5 m39 screwmount
Leitz Summicron 9cm f2 M-mount
Nikon 105mm f2.5 m39 screwmount

I'll probably also buy a Nikon adapter for my Nikon 50mm f1.2 AIS. I might get other Cosina-Voigtlander lenses, like the 15mm, but I'll probably never buy a Leitz or Zeiss super-wide. I'll shoot mostly in B&W, so I doubt I'll see any of the color shifts that others have reported.

Anything I should know about before I take the plunge? I'm not really interested in any other Sony glass right now, I just want a back for my legacy lenses. I know this has been covered other times, but it's hard to sift through all of the NEX posts to find relevant threads.

I think the Nex-6 is the best Sony APS-C format camera for sharpness and avoiding magenta color shifts, especially with wide angle lenses.

The other camera to consider ia a Ricoh GXR with the Mount module.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow