New Olympus 17mm 1.8

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
DonnCath
Regular MemberPosts: 164
Like?
Re: New Olympus 17mm 1.8
In reply to FrankS009, 5 months ago

FrankS009 wrote:

Throughout the thread, Anders W. has taken a position that infuriates those that oppose him because he simply does not accept untested hypotheses and statements based on personal opinions.

I'm reading things here pretty differently. The impression I get is that people are frustrated because someone (and not just any someone, but a someone who has never even used the lens in question) insists on telling people that their senses are deceiving them. I mean, it would be a little bizarre if I started telling a group of strangers that the sky is red when it was very clearly blue and that any impression of a certain blue-ness they might be seeing was nothing more than perceptual bias on their part.

At least one poster has noted the condescension present in some of his posts. This is especially apparent when he insists on informing people that he knows their own reality better than they know it themselves.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
JoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow