Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dave bren
New MemberPosts: 14
Like?
Upgrade my e520 or upgrade lenses
8 months ago

I'm at a decision point and wanted to get some thoughts. I'd describe myself more or less as an advanced amateur - taken a few classes, read some books - who takes pictures of my kids, sporting events, trips, etc. The only real "shoots" I do are mostly nature and landscapes (much to the dismay of my hiking partners). I have an e520 given to me as a gift several years ago with the basic 14-42 and 40-150 kit lenses. I just broke the lens mount on the 14-42 so am at a decision point.

Trying to get the most bang for my buck but also think about what will give me the best options down the road. I'm eyeing the 14-54 as a replacement everyday lens - I can find used for ~$200 and I think would serve me really well. But with Olympus seemingly moving away from the DSLR (or am I wrong on that), I'm considering reselling what I have and getting a refurbished Nikon D5100 for <$500.

Any thoughts or perspectives you can share? Thanks!

Nikon D5100 Olympus E-520
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow