Started 9 months ago | Photos thread
OlyChamp
Senior MemberPosts: 4,421Gear list
Like?
Re: Rule Brittannia
In reply to RoelHendrickx, 9 months ago

RoelHendrickx wrote:

OlyChamp wrote:

She stands sentinel over our War Memorial. I have placed two images here, a wide angle shot with the E500 14/42mm and the close up with E620 70/300mm. The close up was processed in LightZone, the wide angle OOC.

-- hide signature --

"I take photographs, if you want them back see my lawyer!!"

While I like the scene and the lustre on the second image (of which I keep wondering why you did not shoot it in portrait orientation for a view that shows more of the statue), for the first image I cannot escape the feeling that the statue is skewered by a large flagpole.

One step to the left would have prevented that and would have placed the statue between the left and the second flagpole.

It's a typical example of "tree growing out of person's head" and I am sure that we have all slapped our forehead at not having noticed it while shooting the scene. I know I have.

-- hide signature --

Roel Hendrickx
lots of images: www.roelh.zenfolio.com
my E-3 user field report from Tunisian Sahara: http://www.biofos.com/ukpsg/roel.html

Thanks Roel erstwhile observations.  I did initially stand to the left for the first but the clocktower came into shot so I moved until I got this image without the tower.  I'm not overly fussed about the flagpole the key to that first image was the scope of the content, not just the statue.  As to the statue close up, I think I did shoot portrait but being the 70-300 it may not appear so,  I deliberately cropped out the top part as superfluous which gave the image a "square" appearance.  The key for me wasn't what was below and above but the detail in the area around her head and body, especially the flag.

All good, ever learning (and making the same mistakes )

Thane

-- hide signature --

"I take photographs, if you want them back see my lawyer!!"

OlyChamp's gear list:OlyChamp's gear list
Olympus E-500 Olympus E-620 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 70-300mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4.0-5.6 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Wow!New
LouNew
LouNew
LizNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow