Started 9 months ago | Photos thread
RoelHendrickx
Forum ProPosts: 22,777
Like?
Liz, Lou, Yaelle
In reply to yyr, 9 months ago

yyr wrote:

NewGirlLiz wrote:

I haven't got as far as learning any pp yet, although I've just bought Elements 12 after a brief trial, and plan to teach myself some basics at least, over the next few weeks.

I use Lightroom and when I started I found the videos on the Adobe website excellent and an easy way to learn both basic and more advanced techniques. I just checked the website and found that they do the same for elements - you'll find them here

http://tv.adobe.com/show/learn-photoshop-elements-12/

I'll assume that they are of the same high quality.

-- hide signature --

Yaelle

That's a very good shadow recovery job by Lou.

OK, so going back to the scene with fill flash is not necessary anymore.

About PP software:

* I've started out with PS Elements too (I think it was version 6 at the time).  But it never really felt comfortable to me, mostly because I wanted something with a fast and logical workflow for LOTS of RAW files.  Maybe later versions of PSE have become better at that, but I just never found my way through the program: for my personal needs, I found there were a lot of features that I seldom or never used, while those that I needed as workflow routine, were scattered throughout the software and not as fast as I wanted.

* I got into Lightroom with version 2.0 and liked it from the get-go.  IMHO, it offers just what I need as photographer and nothing more (indeed, there are things you can do in PS and even in PSE, that you cannot do in LR).  I still have PSE (currently version 9 for me because I don't upgrade it every time) on my computer but it doesn't get much exercize: almost everything I need is possible with LR (which keeps adding features).

My advice to Liz is to dive into PSE and see if it suits her needs and workflow.  Use the video tutorials indeed : Adobe is very good at them (together with the Kelby team).

-- hide signature --

Roel Hendrickx
lots of images: www.roelh.zenfolio.com
my E-3 user field report from Tunisian Sahara: http://www.biofos.com/ukpsg/roel.html

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Wow!New
LouNew
LouNew
LizNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow