Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Cincy
Forum MemberPosts: 59Gear list
Like?
My birding set up - what to add to my D7100 and Nikon 300mm f4 AFS
6 months ago

I got a great deal on a slightly used Nikon 300 f4 AFS prime and am looking to add a few items to round out my birding gear:

NIKON 1.4 teleconverter - not sure if I should go with grey market or not, will save me $100 which I can put towards my next item.  I'm leaning towards grey market, seems to me there is little that can go wrong with a TC, so warranty coverage may not be an issue.  Thoughts?

Kirk 300mm F4 mount - to replace the Nikon mount which I'm hearing is not the best

Manfrotto gimbal - I have a very stable aluminum tripod (heavy) and Manfrotto ball head. Also have a carbon fiber monopod with RC2 head

Considering selling my above tripod and getting the old version Manfrotto 190CXPRO3.  I haul my current tripod (Benro) but the Manfrotto CF version is now at a price point I'm willing to pay

A 77mm UV filter - primarily for protection of the lens

Interested to hear any advice or suggestions you may have.  Looking forward to getting out there and getting some great shots!!

Cincy's gear list:Cincy's gear list
Sony SLT-A57 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Tamron SP 90mm F2.8 Di VC USD 1:1 Macro Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR
Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow