Which film camera for my buddy's wedding?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
leitzon
New MemberPosts: 1Gear list
Like?
Re: Which film camera for my buddy's wedding?
In reply to ThaQuest, 9 months ago

If you have never shot a few weddings, don't even think about changing equipment. If you are used to your OM10 get an OM2N which will do it's magic and all you have to worry about is point the thing at right place at the right time.  A wedding moves at a hectic pace, (no time to fiddle with dials and buttons), you dance to its tune especially when the setting is outdoors. 35-90 zoom will take care of most things on the move. The 90 also renders close-cropped portraits bringing out the best of the bride's features. My favorite discreet lenses for wedding 24mm 50mmf1.2 100mm  - outdoors, the 35-90 f3.5 is fast enough.

I used Mamiya PRO 6x7 but it is too unwieldy for weddings on the fly. Great for studio or group shots.  The M645 6x6 was okay but I used the OM2n or Leica M4 for most fun-on-the-run.

Leica M4 comes in super handy in Churches where the Preech says no cameras allowed.  No one could hear it anyway and the 35mm1.4 or 50 mm 1.2 took care of the no flash restriction.

One way to lose a friend for life is to flub her wedding pics.

leitzon's gear list:leitzon's gear list
Fujifilm X100S
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow