Fuji 14mm vs. Fuji 10-24mm (if you saw some of this before inside another post--sorry)

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
CrabbyGuy
Regular MemberPosts: 164Gear list
Like?
Fuji 14mm vs. Fuji 10-24mm (if you saw some of this before inside another post--sorry)
9 months ago

I am going to sell off most of my Nikon D300 gear to get a Fuji system because it's relatively light and compact so I can use it for travel photography. I will take a long trip to China and Tibet in two months with an X-E2. I will buy the 18-55mm lens because it will be a year until the 16-55mm arrives according to Fuji's roadmap. (I am accustomed to carrying a lens that opens to 16mm.) Here I am asking (again for some--sorry) about buying a 9oz. 14mm or 15oz. 10-24mm.

I have stared at every photo taken with the 10-24mm and find them nearly the equal of those taken with the 14mm. (Correct me if you disagree, please.) The price is close enough. The key con for the zoom is its weight and bulk. Which do you think?  Or...should I buy a used 16-50mm mostly plastic lens and defer the decision?  (Most of my pictures will be taken 18-50mm so quality is key here.)

Again, thanks for the advice.

Fujifilm X-E2 Nikon D300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow