Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
robgendreau
Regular MemberPosts: 439
Like?
Time exposure for FZ-150 & other cameras without bulb
7 months ago

Does anyone know how long the longest exposure time is with the FZ-150? I mean actually how long the shutter is "open"? 8 seconds?

I know there's a 30 sec exposure mode in one of the scene modes. I've tried using it with a fill flash, only to discover the flash never was registered by the camera. Which makes me think it actually takes a bunch of much shorter exposures and combines them in software, and that therefore I'm flashing at a time the shutter is closed.

I figure I should probably just do it manually: take a regular exposure with the flash and external flash, then a bunch of photos at the longest exposure possible, then combine them myself with software. I haven't tried that particular process with PS, although I'd guess it's there. Or maybe some plugin or variant for stacking that astrophotographers use? Any recommendations?

The other irritation with using the scene mode is that there's a long count down. So if you're looking for trails of lit objects like stars or cars, and do that mode sequentially, you can get gaps. Aargh.

Rob

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow