A photographer?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
JeffAHayes
Senior MemberPosts: 1,968Gear list
Like?
Re: A photographer?
In reply to Meuh, 9 months ago

Well he certainly had a very expressive model in your other son, James.

The question is: how many shots did he take to get the shot you posted, and how many others were as good as that one... BECAUSE the one you posted shows what certainly appears to be a talent for capturing not just "a snapshot," but the very essence of the child's personality (or at least a certain aspect of it), plus very effective "rule-of-thirds" framing that has him looking into open space, rather than into a closed section of the picture.

It could just be "luck," or your son could have talent. Some folks just really seem to "have it" from the first time they pick up a camera. I have to work at it, and occasionally get something I feel is actually artistic. But I see others who it appears would have to work hard to NOT take an artistic looking photo.

There's certainly a great deal of "natural talent" involved in being a great photographer beyond knowing all the technical stuff.

Jeff

-- hide signature --

A word is worth 1/1000th of a picture... Maybe that's why I use so many words!

JeffAHayes's gear list:JeffAHayes's gear list
Pentax WG-3 Pentax K-5 Pentax K-30 Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow