Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
parallaxproblem
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,916Gear list
Like?
Price is increasing in Switzerland
In reply to Newgumshoe, 9 months ago

Newgumshoe wrote:

Spoiler alert - this is a moan

I am so sick of this - A6000 body $648 = £390. Best price I can find in the UK (and Europe) is £589. I know that includes VAT at 20% but I assume the US price includes some sort of sales tax?

I'd get a relative to buy for me but of course, the guarantee could be an issue if there was a fault. Also, I wanted the silver but the US sites only appear to be selling the black.

I just don't see why the same camera costs over £150 more in Europe.

I looked a couple of weeks ago and the best pre-order price was CHF620, then last week it was CHF650 and now it is CHF670 with the more 'normal' cheap internet sellers wanting between CHF720 and CHF735.  Sales tax in Switzerland is 8%.  CHF1 = USD1.14 so we are looking at about $110 to $125 more than US price when Tax and exchange rate is taken into account ie. about 18% more expensive

We have no silver version in Switzerland either at the moment

I wasn't going to rush to buy it anyway...  and it if doesn't have a level guage I may give it a miss altogether

If you find the price too high then simply don't buy it.  Sony are making a lot of marketing mistakes at the moment - both in terms of information supplied to customers and pricing ($100 pre-release price drop on A5000).  Sadly the only way they will learn to sharpen-up their act is if they see sales failing to meet expectations

-- hide signature --

DUMP the HUMP! A5000 & A6000 success.... campaign for *REAL* NEX-5 and NEX-7 replacement bodies
* newly updated ignore list: hostile responses are probably not visible to me

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow