Steve Huff reviews X-T1, loves it (mostly)

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
djezraj
Contributing MemberPosts: 630Gear list
Like?
Re: Just opinions.. nothing to get worked up over.. but they do.
In reply to Jim Radcliffe, 9 months ago

Jim Radcliffe wrote:

D200_4me wrote:

Ultimately, any person's review is not something to get all worked up about...unless they're just totally uninformed or biased and telling a bunch of lies on purpose. I think Steve's review is simply his own personal experience and opinion speaking. And yes, indeed he does need to make a living so he does reviews and posts lots of stuff on his site and has plenty of advertising. Gotta make a living, you know. Nothing wrong with that. Me on the other hand...my day job pays for my photography site and I usually don't make any money from photography. I don't put much effort into it though. It's just a hobby/fun, first and foremost. I don't want to ruin my fun by having to pander to anyone or beg people to buy something from me.

I had a guy write me after I put up my "review" of the X-T1 late Saturday night giving me grief because I did not go into the "problems" with the X-Trans sensor and a myriad of other pixel-peeping details. That's not what I do.. I just post my impressions of the camera and post some of the pictures I have taken with it. I do it for fun, no ads, no pleas for money to help pay the rent. My website costs me less than $20 a month.. but then I don't pretend to be anything but a hobbyist/amateur.... and I still get hate mail.

You can view my thoughts and samples on the X-T1 at: www.boxedlight.com No hate mail please.

-- hide signature --

Jim Radcliffe
http://www.boxedlight.com
The ability to 'see' the shot is more important than the gear used to capture it.

You are both right about not getting worked up . I think for me Steve Huffs review got under my skin a bit and this is my fault. While I have kept "most" of my thoughts to myself (glad for that) I feel somehow let down by my predetermined expectation of reviews from his blog. It is correct that this is totally nuts and this also bugs me so I'm double doomed..haha

To address you Jim I like your blog very much as well as your photography. You also indirectly helped me decide to migrate from Pentax to Fuji. Not because any dissatisfaction with Pentax as I will miss my DA35 most dearly but rather your assessment of weight size and day to day casual use.

So I have made the jump and glad I did. The XF 23 is the DA21 I always wanted albeit larger!

Perhaps what I admire is any photographer that buys into a system looking for solutions not problems. Pentax has lots of problems but i only saw solutions until i needed a different different.

My K10D won no awards for amazing jpeg's but in the right hands with a good RAW workflow I still love the IQ even compared to modern CMOS sensors. So perhaps Steve Huff should only use Adobe and JPEg with Fuji but his refusal to even try other RAW converters contradicts the real world no BS style I came to appreciate.

So perhaps I'm being a total git or maybe I have a point. For me personally i will always look at a total solution and work towards that. For Fuji I use what works with Fuji not what works against it.

Thanks for the great images!

Cheers

Roger

djezraj's gear list:djezraj's gear list
Canon PowerShot G7 Pentax K10D Fujifilm X-E2 Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA 16-45mm F4 ED AL +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow