Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
scottyd5
New MemberPosts: 18
Like?
Re: Lens Suggestions for Newbie with a Panasonic GH4
In reply to jeffharris, 8 months ago

jeffharris wrote:

scottyd5 wrote:

Reason for picking the GH4 was mainly because it seems like it really caters to video. Especially with the SDI add on. Even if I don't get it right off the bat I like having the option for the future. The 4k is nice, but for live stuff I wouldn't be using it. I just need a clean feed for live events. If I'm shooting interviews or b-roll then I might use 4k.

Since you may not be shooting 4K video, have you considered getting a GH3? It's quite a bit cheaper, which would allow you to get at least one good lens.

Without good lenses, what's the point? Seriously.

I've considered it, but the main reason for the GH4 is improved video features such as zebras etc. I also really like having the option for SDI with the additional interface if needed, but at that price I would probably rent it if needed. While 4k isn't a main draw for me the 1080p @ 200 Mbps bit rate is more practical. If it will make any difference, who knows. After reading some comments on here it makes sense to spend more on a lens so that's most likely what I will do.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow