There has to be a Xpro2....

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Ed B
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,205
Like?
Re: There has to be a Xpro2....
In reply to tecnoworld, 9 months ago

tecnoworld wrote:

Today's 24mp have more DR and lower noise than yesterday's 10mp in the same surface area. That's called technological advance

So perhaps tomorrow's 40mp will have higher dr and lower noise than today's 24mp (or even 16mp).

-- hide signature --

* Dear haters, you are now in my ignore list, so your hostile responses are probably not visible to me.

Well, I won't try to force my values on anyone but will admit that I'm not part of the more megapixel crowd and think 16mp is more than enough.

Even the top-of-the-line Nikon and Canon DSLRs only have 16 & 18 megapixels, respectively, and these cameras are used by some of the world's best photographers.

The world of photography is filled with several good cameras that offer more than the 16-18mp so there's a camera out there for everyone.

I just hope Fuji doesn't enter the megapixel race.

I used to shoot with a 6mp DSLR that was a pretty darn good camera. Granted, the sensor and processor weren't as good as today's models but I never had any complaints about those 6 big beautiful megapixels.

Naturally, everyone is different and some people need to print at billboard size or do some horrifically ridiculous cropping; others fall into the "more is always better" crowd so I can understand why many people want a sensor packed with as many pixels as possible.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow