Good inexpensive flash for G11 (real estate pics)

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
K Kasam
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Good inexpensive flash for G11 (real estate pics)
4 months ago

I almost said "cheap" in the title, but rather than describe myself, I thought I'd keep it about the flash

Anyways, I am the true definition of amateur. In fact, many amateurs would call me an amateur. While I had the photography bug a few years ago, life intervened. But I did manage to get a G11 a few years ago, very happy with it though it gets little use. Previously had a G9 (I think, I traded it in) and a G2 before that. Knew more about photography than I do now, so I could re-learn a few things quickly I suppose.

The question: I am urgently in need of an external flash to take photos of my home for sale. I considered using the realtor's pro guy (home just listed) but don't like his other homes' pics, something fake-y looking about them. I took some and they turned out very well with the exception of lighting. (My Vivitar broke early during the first shoot).

Ideally I would pick up such a flash from Amazon (with Prime) or a local big-box such as BB, Fry's, whatever. Am in the Atlanta area so no access to Adorama, B&H, etc except via online.

I'd like it to be around $50-$80 if possible. Considered the Speedlite 270EXII but over budget and gets some iffy reviews anyway.

Two candidates at present:

(Dedicated): http://www.amazon.com/SUNPAK-RD2000C-Sunpak-Camera-Flash/dp/B001GS6Q9Y
(Apparently not): http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004LEAYXY/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AL7LHK6Q9LVTS

The immediate purpose being to shoot the inside of a home, your honored opinions would be much appreciated.

PS: I also own Photoshop LE 5.0 (yes, I like to stay current  and tried its "Equalize" function but weird results ensued.

Canon PowerShot G11
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow