I do not understand the HATRED for mirrorless cameras on this forum.

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Just another Canon shooter
Senior MemberPosts: 3,279Gear list
Like?
Re: I do not understand the HATRED for mirrorless cameras on this forum.
In reply to Mellowmark, 7 months ago

Mellowmark wrote:

Just another Canon shooter wrote:

Mellowmark wrote:

Houseqatz wrote:

Mellowmark wrote:

And an f2.8 lens is an f2.8 lens in terms of exposure.

t-stops are not f-stops

Yes but on a good prime lens the t-stop should be close to the f stop - regardless of whether it is a m43 lens or an APS-C lens. In practical terms if I am for example taking photos of a gig, I get pretty much the same f2.8 1/125 and ISO 1600 exposure when I switch between using my dslr and m43 camera - which is all that matters to me as I want the shutter speed to be 1/125 and to keep the ISO at 1600 to get the shot(s).

Why would you want to keep the same ISO on both?

Sorry should read 'keep the ISO at 1600 or less' - as in not wanting to go higher and increase noise. I am just saying if I point the 2 different cameras both with 2.8 lenses at the same scene I get the same exposure.

Yes, but different total light and different noise. The bigger system allows you to chose a lower exposure and get the same noise.

So in the hypothetical example given I get the same 1/125 f2.8 ISO 1600 photo. It matters not which one I use as both will pretty much do the same job aside from a small difference in depth of field.

... and noise. If you are comparing m43 to crop, the difference is small but still there.

Just another Canon shooter's gear list:Just another Canon shooter's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow