Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Birddogman
Senior MemberPosts: 1,074Gear list
Like?
I don’t like the Velvia setting on the XT1 so far
4 months ago

I had never tried any of the other film simulation modes (normally use Standard/Provia and make any color adjustments in PP’ing), so I tried the Velvia simulation setting on my new TX1 just for fun during yesterday’s hunt. In part due to the XT1’s much better focus tracking ability than my old XP1, I got what should have been some decent shots of some retrieves. Instead, the whole series is unusable.

Maybe I am doing something wrong, but I didn’t like the results at all. Colors were so saturated that they looked bizarre. Reducing saturation in PP’ing produced unpleasant results, so I wasn’t able to “fix” this.

Also, this “film” seemed to have low DR, because I was getting blown highlights AND shadows.

Check it out:

Am I doing something wrong; or are these the results one should expect from the Velvia simulation?

Birddogman's gear list:Birddogman's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +3 more
Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow