The 'discriminatory-nature' of capture-date stipulations!

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
barb_s
Contributing MemberPosts: 629Gear list
Like?
Re: The 'discriminatory-nature' of capture-date stipulations!
In reply to xml6000, 6 months ago

At first, I thought of telling you the host has very few tools provided by DPR to set up challenges, but they do have a capture date rule check and an entry limit cap. That's about it. DPR came up with it, and if they figure out a way to really check, I'd use it more frequently, just for the fun of having a limit for people to work with.

The capture date rule lowers the bar on quality. It's a handicap on everyone and you were not handicapped in that still life challenge. Of course a well done entry pulled from your library of best shots will rise to the top. You had no competition.

You can't really expect anyone here to give you a thumbs up on cheating, can you?

And again, at first I thought this thread would be an honest discussion on the merit of that rule but your motive to validate your illegitimate 3rd place trophy negates it all.

-- hide signature --

Barb

barb_s's gear list:barb_s's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3 RX100 III Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 30mm F3.5 Macro +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
yupNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow