Which film camera for my buddy's wedding?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ThaQuest
Senior MemberPosts: 1,334Gear list
Like?
Re: None - you were paid to shoot a wedding
In reply to darklamp, 5 months ago

darklamp wrote:

Shoot a wedding ( a once in a lifetime event for most people ) with the best gear you have, not as a pet project for yourself.

I would use the 6D and the 50 f1.4. Rent a 24-70 f2.8 and a 70-200 f4 L IS or 70-200 f2.8. And a flash if you don't have one.

By all means bring a film camera ( any EOS will do - think film choice instead ), but don't experiment with a wedding that's not yours to play with. I

You mentioned perhaps shooting 25% of the wedding on film. Think 5% and make it the least critical parts. Double every shot you take with film on digital.

Thanks for the advice. I am pretty clear with my friend as to what she wants. And she wants a fair amount of film shots. I'm not going to get too over my head with equipment that I don't know. I will probably with with an EOS film camera + OM-4, both of which I should have no problem with.

-- hide signature --

www.shenzhenphotos.com

ThaQuest's gear list:ThaQuest's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow