Like?
Re: Not a single shred of evidence?
In reply to exdeejjjaaaa, 5 months ago

exdeejjjaaaa wrote:

captura wrote:

exdeejjjaaaa wrote:

captura wrote:

Arcturu wrote:

Shutter shock was a notorious problem with the Pentax 6x7. Some people used to lean on their tripod-mounted Pentaxes in an attempt to suppress the vibration. That's one reason why other manufacturers (Bronica, Mamiya) used leaf shutters in their 6x7 SLRs. I would like to see someone put leaf shutters in MILC lenses.

-- hide signature --

Arcturus

I believe that Sony ran into SS with their first MILC cameras the NEX-3 and NEX-5, a few years ago. They then installed electronic first curtain shutter which effectively stopped the SS phenomenon. Why other MILC makers like Olympus didn't do the same is beyond my grasp.

because it requires proper sensor support - so you have to have a sensor supporting such readout, some sensors do, some - not

Olympus was using mainly Sony-sourced sensors. Right up to the OMD E-M5.

1) Olympus used more Panasonic sensors (just count all those 12mp cameras for example, including both 43 dSLRs and m43 dSLMs) vs Kodak sensors (before total switch to Panasonic sensors during 43 dSLRs era) or Sony sensors (only one generation between 12mp Panasonic and 16mp Panasonic in E-M1 and probably E-M10)

I was referring to just the MILC cameras. And the Panasonic sensors failed to keep pace with Sony's, leading to a string of poor sales for Panasonic.

2) So what ? A7r is also using Sony Semi sensor, yet that sensor has no EFCS support... Sony Semi origin does not automatically means that a particular sensor has EFCS support implemented (or enabled)

The A7r is the exception camera; where Sony removed absolutely every unnecessary feature for it's goal of providing the highest possible image quality. EFCS was a standard design inclusion for years, now and will continue to be.

captura's gear list:captura's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Sony Alpha NEX-7 NEX5R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow