Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Tom Caldwell
Forum ProPosts: 18,151
Like?
Trying to find the GM1 "problems"
6 months ago

The multi-function wheel on the GM1 gets a few kicks but I am finding that many of my issues are caused by my own actions.

It is a bit hard to nail just what I have done as I often seem to be suddenly in the menu or off on a tangent for no explicable reason (it's not that bad really).  The wheel action usually gets the blame but I am not entirely sure that all my problems are caused by false presses of the buttons surrounding the wheel.

The two that I have solved:

I was bedevilled by jumping into menu after using the "up arrow" function until I realised that I didn't have to press "set" after adjusting EV.

When in pinpoint focus the point which should have been centre frame seemed to jump about all of its own accord. mmm ... thumb holding slightly to the left of the thumb rest activates the touchscreen.  Now more careful with the thumb - problem fixed.

Any more self induced problems? I am sure that I have not found them all.

-- hide signature --

Tom Caldwell

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow