Which film camera for my buddy's wedding?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ThaQuest
Senior MemberPosts: 1,337Gear list
Like?
Re: Which film camera for my buddy's wedding?
In reply to FinDERP, 7 months ago

FinDERP wrote:

If you want to stick with 135 film I am amazed you aren't considering the Olympus OM1, or OM4 if you want some good auto shutter features.

The OM system is absolutely fantastic of course, but really you want medium format - 35mm is a paltry format compared to 6x6 or anything else! The mamiya 6 etc are great but highly priced (and rightly so from what I hear!), you could however get a great MF system with a twin lens reflex camera and it wouldn't cost the world. I recommend checking out the Rolleiflex/Rolleicord and Mamiya C series (I have a C3 and it is fantastic), they really are beautiful pieces of very simple kit that produce utterly stunning images - all that would be required is a handheld lightmeter!

I came across a beautiful black OM-4 while in Chicago a month ago, but it seemed overpriced at around $200. Now I see them (including lens) on eBay for $150! That might be the camera to go for though, since I already have a few lenses.

I'm not to familiar with the C series but I will check it out. The 6 and 7 really appeal to me, though the question of 6x6 vs 6x7 racks my brain!

-- hide signature --

www.shenzhenphotos.com

ThaQuest's gear list:ThaQuest's gear list
Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow