D600 dropped in ocean!

Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
mais51
Senior MemberPosts: 1,082Gear list
Like?
Re: D600 dropped in ocean!
In reply to knightmelodic, 7 months ago

knightmelodic wrote:

these responses are hilarious. hey, I dropped my 600 in a pond while doing some macro. I snatched it out and took off the lens, battery and cards out and kept shaking the camera to get out water. I just happened to have to use the WC and, viola! a hand dryer. I stood there for 15 minutes or so blowing the hot air into every hole I could find on that camera and lens, dreaming about my new 800. put everything together and the camera works fine. still does. No 800. I know that doesn't help you, but good luck.

-- hide signature --

Just keep clicking, something will turn out fantastic.

In a fresh water pond - yes it will work after it thoroughly dried off - not sea water because clean fresh water is a very poor conductor and non-corrosive (distilled water is non-conductive).  Drop it into the sea water event for a few seconds and you can kiss it good bye.

My dead D90 body and ruined 18-105 sitting on my desk are stark reminders of what to do - or don't do near the sea.

The problem is water damage to your optical path - auto focus sensors, filters, CMOS etc even in fresh water.

mais51's gear list:mais51's gear list
Canon PowerShot S120 Nikon D300S Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow