Sony AF System Questions

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Peaceful Mind
Regular MemberPosts: 112Gear list
Like?
Re: Disagree
In reply to dlkeller, 9 months ago

dlkeller wrote:

The E mount forum is for posts on E mount cameras. If there are A mount users curious about these cameras they can go to the E mount forum, just as they would do if they were interesting in finding out more about a Canon they would go to the Canon forum.

-- hide signature --

Dave

The situation is more complicated. For Canon or Nikon, they have their own "SLR Lens" forum. So if I want to use Nikon lens on Canon camera, I can go to Nikon SLR Lens forum to ask which lens is great for, let say, ultra wide. And then I can ask in Canon Camera forum (there are 3 and let say the FF one) about the compatibility with, say, the 5D III.

If I am adapting Canon EF to Sony E, I can again go to Canon SLR Lens forum to ask about which lens is great, then go to Sony E mount forum about the compatibility.

But in dpreview, there's no Sony Lens talk. It is only differentiated in two ways: A mount and E mount. But the differentiation are not distinct, because of adapters. So my dilemma is, as explained in another post, I am more concern about using those A-mount lenses. While A-mount forum member definitely have A mount lens, and probably have researched in A7(R) even without buying, E-mount forum member might only have E mount cameras, which have no interest in A mount lenses at all.

Anyway, please pardon me as I have already asked here. I think it is even worse if I duplicated this post there. And as forums should be more casual, so I hope people will be more forgiving to wrong posts. (I have seen post in Canon forum for example, talking about D800E as the 5D mark II upgrade, and in Nikon forum talking about 5D Mark III as D700 upgrade, which is, well, in that case cause a very intense debate. But hope that it is just among Sony forum anyway, you know, so no such problem exist)

Peaceful Mind's gear list:Peaceful Mind's gear list
Canon EOS 50D Nikon D800E Sony Alpha 7R Sony Alpha 7 Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM +23 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow