Nikon Should launch great Camera(FF Small Body) before Fuji launch FF

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Brierfield
Junior MemberPosts: 40Gear list
Like?
Re: I think the OP is taking the wrong less from the X-T1...
In reply to MoreorLess, 9 months ago

MoreorLess wrote:

He's relating the X-t1 to the Df but realistically the Df being a FF camera is targeting a different market with size, price and performance.

There is for me a gap in the market when it comes to more compact but higher end ASPC systems that Canon and Nikon have not so far targeted. I actually think this lies behind alot of mirrorless sales in the west, you can't buy a really well made small DSLR with controls setup for high end use.

Whilst I think Nikon need a direct rival to Canon's SL1 theres also IMHO room in the market for a higher quality camera of similar size, perhaps with styling and controls similar to the Df.

+111

If Nikon would produce a smallish D5XXX-sized APS-C camera with features similar to the D7XXX I believe they would sell loads of them.  Even if the price were in the D7XXX range, I would be in line to purchase such a camera.  This might just be what will be required for them to compete with the likes of cameras such as the X-T1, or whatever follows it.

-- hide signature --

I just don't have time to get in a hurry.

Brierfield's gear list:Brierfield's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon D3200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow