Thom Hogan's review of the A7/A7r

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
UnderDriven
Senior MemberPosts: 1,052Gear list
Like?
Re: Thom Hogan's review of the A7/A7r
In reply to landw, 4 months ago

landw wrote:

He spends half his time explaining what camera manufacturers are doing wrong because his opinion is obviously the only valid one with him being so awesome, well-informed and balanced.

And therefore he shouldn't express his opinion? Or he should express it, but be less confident about it? Or he should just be more humble?

There is nothing wrong with Thom expressing his opinion. It is true that his opinion is more valued than yours or mine, but that's the way it is. If you or I had put in the time and effort to make a website such as his (and back when he did it), then you or I might have as much influence as he does. That doesn't make him right 100% of the time--and, yes, some people will listen to what he says without doing any thinking on their own. But he clearly has a right to say what he thinks...

-- hide signature --

“The world is going to pieces and people like Adams and Weston are photographing rocks!” --Henri Cartier-Bresson

UnderDriven's gear list:UnderDriven's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Sigma SD14 Sony SLT-A55 Sony SLT-A57 +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow