Thom Hogan's review of the A7/A7r

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Jeff Kott
Senior MemberPosts: 1,147
Like?
Re: Can you elaborate
In reply to JimKasson, 4 months ago

JimKasson wrote:

Jeff, you are oversimplifying my results. I found that, with the Zony 55 and the cameras in landscape orientation, I got better sharpness, as measured by slanted-edge-derived MTF50, for horizontal edges (which are the hardest for the a7R because of the direction the shutter moves, and the best for the a7, because of the anisotropic nature of the a7's AA filter) with the a7 at 1/125 and 1/250, than I did for the a7R.

Sorry for the oversimplification. I've had and used an A7r extensively for over three months and been able to get sharp shots both hand held and with a tripod viewing at 100% magnification, always taking care to watch my shutter speed.

I would think that it is fair to say that one would not buy an A7 instead of an A7r because one expected to generally get higher resolution shots with the A7 either hand held or on a tripod. In some circumstances, possibly. Generally, no. What do you think?

-- hide signature --

Jeff Kott

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow