Lens Suggestions for Newbie with a Panasonic GH4

Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
scottyd5
New MemberPosts: 18
Like?
Re: Lens Suggestions for Newbie with a Panasonic GH4
In reply to e1rond, 9 months ago

e1rond wrote:

Are you planning on hand holding, or have some kind of stabilization rig? If you're hand holding, and video is a big focus, you probably want to concentrate on lenses that have image stabilization. Unfortunately that rules out all Olympus lenses, and the Panasonic primes that are 25mm or wider. I'd echo some of the other comments that the panasonic 12-35 2.8 and 35-100 2.8 are probably the best fit for your needs, but the cost is out of your budget.

It would probably be a mix of both. I could be up on stage hand held or I could be back near the mix position. My work does have tripods so I could use that if I'm not hand held.

I might be open to pushing my lens budget. Again I'm just starting out shooting on a camera like this and there's a ton of stuff I need to learn. I just need something to get me started so if it's a $1k lens that will work as an all around lens then that might be an option. I'll learn on that, read more about lenses and see what I want to pick up next.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow