Steve Huff reviews X-T1, loves it (mostly)

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Brian Caslis
Senior MemberPosts: 2,856Gear list
Like?
Re: Just opinions.. nothing to get worked up over.. but they do.
In reply to Jim Radcliffe, 9 months ago

Jim Radcliffe wrote:

D200_4me wrote:

Ultimately, any person's review is not something to get all worked up about...unless they're just totally uninformed or biased and telling a bunch of lies on purpose. I think Steve's review is simply his own personal experience and opinion speaking. And yes, indeed he does need to make a living so he does reviews and posts lots of stuff on his site and has plenty of advertising. Gotta make a living, you know. Nothing wrong with that. Me on the other hand...my day job pays for my photography site and I usually don't make any money from photography. I don't put much effort into it though. It's just a hobby/fun, first and foremost. I don't want to ruin my fun by having to pander to anyone or beg people to buy something from me.

I had a guy write me after I put up my "review" of the X-T1 late Saturday night giving me grief because I did not go into the "problems" with the X-Trans sensor and a myriad of other pixel-peeping details. That's not what I do.. I just post my impressions of the camera and post some of the pictures I have taken with it. I do it for fun, no ads, no pleas for money to help pay the rent. My website costs me less than $20 a month.. but then I don't pretend to be anything but a hobbyist/amateur.... and I still get hate mail.

You can view my thoughts and samples on the X-T1 at: www.boxedlight.com No hate mail please.

-- hide signature --

Jim Radcliffe
http://www.boxedlight.com
The ability to 'see' the shot is more important than the gear used to capture it.

Simply amazing that people feel that they can demand others to follow their opinion when the material is provided at no cost to them.

Very nice review. I'm just amazed by people's attitudes.

Brian Caslis's gear list:Brian Caslis's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow