Anyone disappointed with the FE movement?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Absolutic
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,713Gear list
Like?
Re: 85 and 135
In reply to captura, 6 months ago

captura wrote:

Absolutic wrote:

The 2 lenses that I am waiting for are the 85/1.4 Zeiss and 135/1.8 Zeiss renderings in FE form. I'd be happy with a reduced weight and price 85/1.8 and 135/2 as well. I probably could even live with even lighter and cheaper 85/2 and 135/2.8.

Of course I can buy these Today plus LA-EA4 adapter. But it will 1) cost me $3500, 2) defeat the purpose of a small portable camera. On the other hand I get Phase AF which I am missing on my A7r with these two lenses.

But ideally for me, something like 21, 35, 55, 85 and 135 (21 is least pressing as 35 is wide enough for me) would be ideal. I shoot mostly people.

Available for a small fraction of that price are the excellent Canon EF 85 and EF 100mm lenses, for the A7/r, using the RJ speed booster adapter. They also work with APS-C cameras like NEX or probably A6000.

I've been looking for the EF 85, with my limit set for $300.

Just wanted to correct you, Speed Booster only works for crop cameras like NEX.   For a Full Frame like A7r, to use with Canon, you need a Metabones III or like adapter (I own the King chinese version, which I put for sale today on FM forum by the way).   The AF is very poor to the point of being non-existent (I tried it with 24-105L and it just hunts and hunts and hunts).  On the positive side, you keep the IS and the camera can control everything on the lens, Aperture etc.

Absolutic's gear list:Absolutic's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Fujifilm X-T1 Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow