The light leak evidence photo !!!!!

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
karinatwork
Senior MemberPosts: 1,891Gear list
Like?
Re: The light leak evidence photo !!!!!
In reply to baobob, 9 months ago

I got my camera yesterday (Western Canada). Tried a picture with the lens cap on without remote, 30 seconds at ISO 3200 shining a very, VERY bright flashlight into the open side panel. I got a small purplish corner on the left hand lower side. Then I repeated with ISO 200 (which is more realistic with LE photography), and I'm getting a black image. Solid black. Like it should be.

Repeated the exercise with a remote plugged into the microphone port (Triggertrap), 120 seconds at ISO 400, shining the flashlight into the ports, and got no leak. Nothing. Nada. Black as black can be.

I'm not concerned about light leaks that MAY happen at higher ISO numbers WITH an open side door AND during daytime hours. That's just not an issue. My camera doesn't show any problems at ISO 400 and lower, and for my LE photography this will do just fine. My deduction is that not all cameras are affected equally.

Hope this helps some with their decision.

karinatwork's gear list:karinatwork's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow