Have I got this right, this X-E2 system?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
CrabbyGuy
Regular MemberPosts: 160Gear list
Like?
Have I got this right, this X-E2 system?
7 months ago

I am going to China and Tibet in May for three weeks on a tour and plan to significantly "thin-out" my currently large Nikon DX system to pay for most of a new Fujifilm X-E2 system. I have not switched systems since I completely wore out for the second time the Leica CL I bought new in 1966 and it was no longer economical to fix what was left of it. I want most to be able to take outside travel-type shots, inside photos (with emphasis on terracotta soldiers in Xian--best stuff is in glass cases I am told), and some street photography of people. (I don't know if I want a small, short lens to appear less scary or a longer lens to be less conspicuous. Advice is requested.) When I get home, I'll take landscapes, closeups of many things, portraits, and (if the X-E2 can do it with the lenses marked on the lens road maps or the third-party lens manufacturers make products for Fujifilm X's) bird photos.

I think the following is my first choice: a new X-E2, some sort of cheap used body (X-E1?) for an extra, one leather case of the sort that goes over the top and opens at the bottom, an extra battery, three or more large and fast memory cards, the small EF-20 that goes in the hot shoe and a cable that matches, a shutter release, and new filters for what doesn't fit.

That leaves lenses and that's where the choice gets expensive, even on sale. 18-55mm, 55-200mm (?), 35mm f/1.4, 60mm Macro, and 27mm f/2.8.  (Do I need something wider?  I am accustomed to using a Nikon 16-85 for a walking-around lens.  Please give me your comments. Buying used older lenses and then replacing when new ones come out is something I often have done.)

Thanks. I am about to pull the trigger.

Fujifilm X-E2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow