Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
peter42y
Senior MemberPosts: 2,158Gear list
Like?
Canon Powershot S200
9 months ago

Hi Everyone : I am very curious about this camera.

As most of people already know it does have a CCD sensor , the same kind of sensor S95 had. S95 was a great camera. Most of the cameras nowadays have CMOS sensors but some say CCD are better in daylight.

I am therefore very curious about such camera . Unfortunately I have not seen many samples online.

The camera is not on sale in amazon US but it is on sale at amazon canada.

Acording to the only user review the camera is very similar to the S95.

http://www.amazon.ca/product-reviews/B00ESARE66/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

quote :

"Very similar to my still excellent S95. On the PowerShot S200, the wider angle lens is a plus and the Wi-Fi connection via Canon's ImageGateway works quite well despite slow uploads. The Digix software upgrade is significant. The omission though of RAW image formatting means I will need to rely for this on my other Canon cameras. The S200's main drawback is lack of support for USB.".

It would be nice if people   who purchased this camera  could  post some samples.

Thank you.

peter42y's gear list:peter42y's gear list
Ricoh Caplio R8 Canon IXUS 310 HS Nikon 1 V1 Canon EOS M
Canon PowerShot S95
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow